The Republic of Azerbaijan has bilateral Free Trade Agreements with the following countries:
- The Russian Federation
- Georgia (a country in the Caucasus region of Eurasia)
- The Republic of Kazakhstan
- The Republic of Belarus
- The Republic of Uzbekistan
- The Kyrgyz Republic
- The Republic of Moldova
- The Republic of Tajikistan
In addition, there is a multilateral Free Trade Agreement between the GUAM member states (Georgia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan and Moldova).
The main advantages of Free Trade Agreements are:
- Absence of customs duties and equivalent payments for the export and import of goods belonging to the customs territory of one party and intended for the customs territory of the other party;
- Obligations of the parties to avoid the application of quotas and other quantitative restrictions;
- Rules providing for the application of the national anti-discrimination regime and the regime of the most favorable country;
- Free transit;
- The existence of special rules for determining the origin of goods.